Biochar Soil Improver
The natural way for optimal soil and plant health
100% PEAT FREE * 100% ORGANIC * NOTHING ELSE ADDED
Biochar is a very porous and high carbon form of charcoal that is specifically suitable for the soil. It has an enormous, sponge-like surface area (up to 1000m2 per gram!) which allows it to soak up water in rainy periods and retain water in dry periods – reducing the chance of plants water logging or drying out.
The billions of pores in biochar provide a huge ‘home’ for soil microbes and ‘store’ for nutrients delivering increased nutrient up take at the root zone and less nutrient run-off.
Crucially, biochar does not break down in the soil so its benefits remain for decades – building long term soil health like no other compost or fertilizer. Once in the soil it will reap cost savings (less inputs) and environmental savings (reduced CO2, NO2 & NO3) year after year
- Builds long term soil health
- Boosts plant productivity
- Greater water retention in light soils
- Improved drainage & aeration in heavy soils
- Helps with disease and pest resistance
- Improved fertility and soil structure
- Reduces nutrient run-off – keeping more in the soil
- Supports soil microbes & fungi
- Locks carbon in the soil AND reduces Co2 soil emissions
- Add to compost heaps to enrich & speed up the process